Employment Law and Fitness for Duty Evaluations
- Pre-employment psychological evaluations for public safety and security including police officers, fire fighters, corrections officers, nuclear power plant operators, etc.
- Fitness for duty evaluations for public safety personnel following work place critical incidents, domestic violence complaints, and psychiatric and neurological illnesses, including traumatic brain injury, Parkinson’s Disease, medication effects, psychiatric illness, including PTSD, Depression/Anxiety, Psychotic Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, and so forth.
- Fitness for duty evaluations of physicians, attorneys, scientists, electric and power company employees and other safety sensitive personnel due to complaints, psychiatric and neurological illnesses.
- Evaluation of the validity of work place harassment and/or discrimination claims from a psychological and/or neuropsychological damages perspective.
- Psychological and/or neuropsychological evaluations to determine fitness to carry and use firearms in public or private capacities.
- Critical incident stress debriefing and weapons discharge debriefing.
Dr. Mack has performed numerous pre-employment and fitness for duty psychological evaluations for multiple police departments in the state of New Jersey as well as for the New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners, The Delaware Supreme Court and other agencies regulating attorneys, pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol Myers Squibb and power companies, including PSE&G.
Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation Associates provides treatment services to public safety officers injured in the line of duty with psychological injuries, such as PTSD, Depression/Anxiety, and Traumatic Brain Injuries. We have found that such techniques as EMDR may be useful in averting the full blown symptoms of PTSD following work place critical incidents, such as an officer experiencing the death of a colleague or being exposed to violent work place situations including the witnessing of homicide.